it’s the perfect day: cool, rainy, autumnally delicious. i am perfectly and utterly, incandescently happy.
it’s been a productive, but relaxing day for me. earlier this morning, i went to the library and did some grocery shopping (including Trader Joe’s!), and now, i just got back from a brisk walk with the dogs. it was wonderful to be out in the fresh, wild november air. this is the time of year that i live for. spring, summer, and blustery winter days are nice, but i am alive in the Fall.
yesterday my co-workers and i broke out into some random singing of “The Sound of Music”, and because i’ve had “My Favorite Things” going through my head now for the past 24 hours, i thought i’d list some of my favorite things, inspired by this lovely overcast day:
- leaves: falling, fallen, wet, crunchy, in piles, of blazing colors, running through
- birds on telephone wires
- Poppy Seed Chicken with whole wheat noodles (i’m making it for dinner!)
- painting on canvas (my project for tonight- a christmas present for my sister)
- postcards from family in far-off places
- hot mulled cider
- Over the Rhine
- Bigelow green tea (i’ve had a lot of green tea, but this is the best)
- wagging tails
- vacuum cleaners
- snuggling under my cozy fleece blanket (sewn by my dear mama)
and without further ado, i must not spend another minute of this perfect day on the computer.
have a blessed evening dear friends.