here it is. the obligatory “new year’s post”. the time to reveal resolutions and discuss the past year. to tell you the truth, the thought of sifting through the year overwhelms and bores me. but i think i owe it to 2008. so here goes: 2008, in bullet highlights.
- gave up conventional cosmetic products…now it’s all natural skincare, haircare, and no makeup.
- i read more than i have in a long time. i averaged about 2-3 books a month. my favorite books of the year were The Kite Runner, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, The Jane Austen Bookclub, The Art of Racing in the Rain, Searching for God Knows What, and all of the Twilight books (ok. go ahead and judge me. but they totally rocked!)
- struggled a lot on the spiritual level, but knew only grace and love from my Savior.
- saw Over the Rhine in concert TWICE. awesome.
- scored lots of cool old stuff. what can i say…i’m a junk junkie. my parents’ barn-o-treasures is Mecca.
- learned to appreciate who i am a bit more.
- saw some good movies (some old, some new). my favorites: Dark Knight, Amelie, Lars and the Real Girl, Interview With the Vampire, Little Miss Sunshine, and August Rush.
- discovered some awesome bands: Muse, Iron and Wine, Bright Eyes, and The Killers, to name a few.
- drank lots of spinach smoothies. mmmm.
- dog-sat for some very cool dogs: westies, poodle, lab, beagle. actually, 9 different dogs in all. thankfully not at the same time.
- switched to Crest toothpaste.
and here’s what i am looking forward to in 2009:
- travel to Seattle with my mom
- read more!
- the birth of my fourth niece/nephew
- yummy, healthy food
- lifting weights and running
- spend more time with my family
- paint more canvases
- take more pictures
- create masterpieces
- eat more chocolate…dark chocolate that is.
- remember to take my multivitamins
- Love God
- live happily ever after
what about you?