another gloriously overcast november day. the earth is wrapped in browns, reds, and fading shades of yellow and orange; gray clouds hover like a woolen cloak. it’s the time for cider, being at home, fuzzy slippers, family, garlic mashed sweet potatoes, flannel sheets, down vests, soup, fleece jackets, candles, books, daydreaming, and introspection. at least for me.
i won’t get to be with my family this thanksgiving, and that makes me very sad. it will be the first time in all my 26 years. i get choked up every time i think about it. my family means the world to me.
onto happier thoughts:
- i will see my fam on christmas
- chance of snow this weekend
- chocolate covered kona coffee beans: a friend brought some home from hawaii for me. awesome!
- seeing Over the Rhine next month!!
- time to start making Christmas cards